- In Stock
- Product Code:
- Divine Essence
- Cinnamon Cassia Bark Organic Essential Oil
- Topical use (Adults): Essential oils should be used only after being diluted in a carrier oil.
|Botanical name||Cinnamomum cassia|
|Color||Pale yellow to dark yellow|
|Extraction method||Steam distillation|
|Odor||Characteristic of cinnamon|
- Cinnamon has been exported from the East for 4,000 years. This spice was a staple in traditional Chinese medicine over 2,700 years ago. Cinnamomum cassia is also called Chinese Cassia or Chinese Cinnamon. Like Ceylon cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), Chinese Cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia ) has an aromatic bark, rich in essential and used as a condiment. Chinese Cassia is fake cinnamon, the kind sold in sticks at grocery stores. True Cinnamon is rarer and more expensive.
- Cinnamon Cassia essential oil is used in perfumery to make spicy Eastern fragrances. Its tangy, sophisticated, woody scent is very different from that of True Cinnamon essential oil.
- FOR EXTERNAL AND OCCASIONAL USE ONLY. DO NOT TAKE ORALLY. DO NOT USE ESSENTIAL OILS UNDILUTED. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Center. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with vegetable oil. Do not use if you are pregnant or cause allergic reaction (e.g. skin rashes, irritation or dermatitis); in which case, discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner. If nausea, dizziness, headache or allergic reactions occur, discontinue use. Do not use on inflamed skin or if suffering from dermatitis. Avoid exposing treated area to sunlight. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or persist.